It's that time of year again -
1. Was 2010 a good year for you?
Half and half.
2. What was your favorite moment of the year?
I have a lot of favorite moments of the year, mostly travel-related.
3. What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Political arguments with my family and some friends.
4. What are your plans for 2011?
Continue working as a contractor till (hopefully) June, then go to Ptown and Italy!
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What date/s in 2010 will remain etched in your memory?
Apr. 8, 2010 - My youngest sister turned 50!!
Jul 13, 2010 - Matt turned 40!!
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Planning out and executing my sister's and Matt's birthday parties - from afar.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Not listening often enough.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Just colds here and there. OH, and a 4-week bout of sciatica!!
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer.
11. Who's behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well, one friend's behavior was over the top and offended some friends/family members, but
12. Where did most of your money go?
Health insurance, storage unit, food.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A trip to Disney World and a last-minute trip to LA
14. What songs will always remind you of 2010?
Glee's version of Teenage Dream
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) Fatter or thinner? FATTER
b) Happier or sadder? More pensive, perhaps
c) Richer or poorer? Richer
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?.
Gotten out and exercised.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Matt's family for the first year, then take him to my family's for Christmas for the first time!
19. Which LJ user/s did you meet for the first time?
In LA: martini_tim
In NJ: goreyboy
In NYC: oscarlikesbugsy
May have met first in 2009: devil_cub52
20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I keep falling in love with Matthew, so I guess this could be "yes"... but for the first time with someone? Nah.
21. How many one night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV show of 2010?
Dexter/Real Housewives of ...
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
What an awful question... maybe one person. Doesn't live around these parts, thank goodness.
24. What was/were the best books you read in 2010?
David Sedaris - Me Talk Pretty One Day & When You're Engulfed In Flames
25. What was your greatest musical discovery in 2010?
Florence + The Machine
26. What did you want and get?
A job that would keep me at home.
27. What did you want and not get?
A couple of interesting jobs in the city.
28. What was your favorite film this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went to Warner Brother Studios in Burbank, CA, and then had sushi in Beverly Hills. I turned 42.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
If I had not gained as much as I gained, and/or lost weight altogether!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Easy and homey. Cozy.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Kathy Griffin for a part of it - went to her house!!
34. Which political issue stirred you the most in 2010?
The mid-term elections, DADT, ENDA, anti-bullying legislation, LGBT discrimination topics overall.
35. Who did you miss in 2010?
I'm not sure what this question means in the grand scheme. I saw who I wanted to see...
36. Did you treat somebody badly in 2010?
I don't think so - I would have a lingering bad feeling about it. I don't like to treat people badly; it's not in my nature.
37. Did somebody treat you badly in 2010?
My dad to a degree.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
Don't take things too seriously and don't let Facebook dictate how you maintain your real relationships!!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year...
The dog days are over.
40. Bonus Spot
I loved my time at home this year. When it got too boring, we took off and went traveling somewhere. I'd love to maintain that trend for a while.